Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Looking for a great bakery or cafe?

I'm a sucker for bakeries that serve fresh coffee.  There's just something incredibly intoxicating about the aroma of freshly brewed coffee crossed with freshly baked pastries.  If you are looking for a place where you can sip an espresso while enjoying a chocolate croissant (or, in my case, a gooey bacon pecan cinnamon bun), then look no further than De Azucar Bakeshop in Oviedo.  Yes, you read that correctly: Oviedo has an amazing bakery.

De Azucar is owned by Angie Lopez, who trained under a French pastry chef before owning a French  bakery in Texas for several years before taking a hiatus and moving to Oviedo.  She has now brought her talent to central Florida, and I'm thankful it's in my city.  The bakeshop is small, located next to a martial arts studio off of Alafaya Woods Boulevard.  I believe it's closed on Sundays and Mondays, but you can double check on their website:
http://www.deazucar.com

There's a small display case of all their wonderful goodies that have been prepared.  As the day goes on, more things are added to the display case, just adding to the scent of wonderful yumminess that permeates in the air.  I've yet to try something I didn't love.  They also have freshly baked italian and french breads for sale in a basket behind the register.  Unfortunately, they've often been sold out before I could buy one to take home.

There's also a small menu for breakfast and lunch.  I've only tried the mallorca sandwich (the perfect blend of sweet and savory) as I'm usually there for a pastry and coffee.  But that mallorca sandwich has made me a believer in their lunch offerings.  The sandwiches come with either chips or a salad.  I got the salad and it had a perfectly balanced mustard vinaigrette.

The coffee is also pretty good, and I've been known to buy a bag of the house blend roast to enjoy at home.

If you find yourself in that part of Oviedo on Tuesday through Saturday, defintely pop in for a visit.  You won't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment